Looking your best might not always be the best thing for you. Today’s society is extremely fashion and style conscious. Unfortunately, clothing designers and stylists aim to please by creating unique looks that might not always be practical or even comfortable. In today’s society, it might be important to you to look fashionable, but it is more important to choose clothes, shoes and bags that are comfortable and that suit your style. By following and remembering these simple steps, it is possible to look and feel your best.
1. Choose Comfortable & Supportive Shoes: Designer spikes or non-supportive loafers may look nice but do not allow for easy, symmetrical walking. If you must wear high heels, bring a pair of flat shoes along with you to change into should your heels become uncomfortable. If you walk to work, wear flat shoes and change into your more fashionable shoes when you arrive to alleviate any pain or discomfort. If the shoe is uncomfortable while standing, chances are it will not be any more comfortable while walking. The wrong shoe can affect the body’s center of gravity putting pressure on your lower back.
2. Sitting: Whether or not you are wearing heels, it is important to take frequent stretch breaks to alleviate atrophy of the hamstring muscles.
3. Tight Clothing: Avoid excessive wear of tight pants or clothing. If you prefer tighter clothes, choose styles that allow you to perform daily tasks with ease.
4. Distribute Weight While Carrying a Bag: Select a briefcase or purse with a wide strap. Ideally, the strap should be long enough to place over the head. This evenly distributes the bulk of the weight across the body. When carrying a bag or briefcase, switch sides frequently to avoid placing the burden of the weight on one side. Take the time to empty unnecessary items from your bag. Place all necessary items such as wallets and cellular phones- in the front pockets of the bag. Stretching around to reach for your wallet can result in a pulled neck or back.
5. Driving: If you are driving or sitting for long periods of time, remove your wallet or card holder from the back pocket of your pants this keeps your pelvis level while sitting.
One of the most important aspects of being in style and looking your best is to maintain a healthy judgment. By following simple suggestions, being fashionable can be comfortable.