If you have small children, you may have noticed that kids with peanut allergies are on the rise. It’s not only peanut allergies, though. Allergic reactions in general are at epidemic levels right now, and no one seems to know why.
Regardless of why allergies are on the rise, there are ways to naturally treat them and even prevent them. Here are some steps you can take:
- Use an air conditioning or filtration system that uses HEPA (high efficiency particulate air) filters
- Consider switching to organic and biodegradable cleaning products, cosmetics and personal hygiene products
- Wash hands regularly to get rid of the allergens you bring into your home
- Avoid processed/packaged, canned and fast food
- Utilize a dehumidifier to get rid of air-borne mold and other allergens that thrive in humid conditions
- Eat a healthy diet and consider growing some of your own fruits and vegetables
- Be smart about when you do outdoor work or play. Remember, for example, that the pollen count is highest/worse between the hours of 5am and 10am.
- Use nasal rinses, especially after being outdoors, being exposed to dusty conditions, etc…
- Avoid known allergy triggers
- Get allergen skin tests to learn exactly what triggers your allergies
- Consider purchasing and using dust-proof pillow cases and bed and/or mattresses covers
For even more ways to treat and prevent allergy symptoms, visit wellness.com.